TSLP APPLICATION PROCESS:
This FREE program provides participants with the skills and training needed to be a tennis instructor. You need to have experience playing tennis to apply for this program. This program consists of a series of lessons. All courses for this program are offered at L’amoreaux Tennis Centre near Birchmount and Finch. Participants must be aged 15+.
If you are interested in participating, but are under the age minimum, don’t fret! You can still volunteer.
- Emergency First Aid & CPR-B
- Tennis Lessons most Saturdays October to March
- Fundamental Movement Skills
- City of Toronto Sport Instructor Module
- City of Toronto Ready, Set, PLAY! Module
- Tennis Canada Instructor School
- Three City of Toronto Leadership Modules
Participants must be able to demonstrate basic tennis skills:
- Be able to hit a forehand/backhand 5 times in a row over a MINI net
- Be able to start the point with an overhand serve
- Have a general knowledge of playing rules and scoring
- Saturday afternoons from 2-6pm between October and March.
- After registration, participants will receive an information sheet with all specific dates, times, and locations.